Upon completion of the materials included in this chapter, you will:
• Recognize when referral is required.
• Identify the appropriate specialty required for treatment.
• Identify Twelve Step and other support resources in the community.
• Describe the purpose of consultation for the substance abuse counselor.
• Describe the types of consultation for counselors.
• Describe the benefits of consultation.
• Understand the global criteria associated with the core functions of referral and consultation.